The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Monday, January 7, 2013

God has great timing, but we all knew that!

In the journey of foster care, or even life, sometimes it does not always turn out the way we want it, or we do not know the end of a child's journey when they come into our home, but God has blessed my husband and I with the privilege of being a forever home to our two sons. We got the news this morning that our adoption court date will be Tuesday December 13th!!
I am still reeling from the news, and am very excited. It took so long to get to this point and now it is only two weeks away and there is so much to do. I just keep thinking of freedom, and that for the first time in 2 years we will not have to ask permission to visit anyone, or report things to a caseworker; although it will probably take a bit to break that initial habit.
I found a journal entry from two years ago when we were just finishing our licensing process, and our boys had already come into the system and were placed with our good friends, and we knew them. In the journal entry I wrote that I thought the boys were going to be ours, which was crazy at the time as they had only been in the system for maybe two months. I wrote that I thought they were God's kids for us and we would adopt them before Christmas, and lo and behold, two years later, how perfect God's timing is. When you go through something it is near impossible to really appreciate the trail and tribulation of it, the perfect timing that leaves no room to consider it a coincidence, so that it can point right back to God's grace and knowledge. Now I can look back and see those footprints in the sand!
My journal entry from October 26th, 2009:
"Yesterday at church I felt let to war during worship for my family. I felt we are going to have the boys before Christmas. Either way I was warring for the boys and their lives- that they will not be orphans but sons with a call on their life- as we are sons and daughters. This experience is making me look at God in a new way. From His perspective, we are his kids, plain and simple. I want my kids to see it that way.
Then I felt the Lord....tell me to pray.....so I did. I prayed for the territory that the Devil stole- it had to be returned.......God you are so awesome in your timing and comfirmation!"
Interestingly enough we found out our adoption "official" news on October 26th, 2011,
And our adoption will be official before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment