The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My soul....

At the end of my life all will be quiet and well within my soul. Until then, each day I try to find this place of peace within the arms of my Father.

It has been almost a year since we adopted our two wonderful angels- Jeremiah Lucio Hernandez named after Shawn's father, and Ayden John Hernandez, named after my father. We firmly believe in the practice God initiated of becoming a new creature upon adoption into a family, therefore we bestowed these names upon our sons. Just as we are sons and daughters in the family of Christ, our sons are ours in every legal, and heavenly, aspect of the word. In the Old Testament God gave many people new names, and after much prayers and discussion we applied this idea to our family as well. We do not take this new role lightly.

I am a mommy. I am a worrier, and a prayer warrior for my sons. I am a healer and comforter. I am a playful companion who builds car tracks and tackles my 3 year old. I scratch my 6 year old's back to help him calm down before bed. I am a provider of meals, snack, and clean clothes. I am a constant flow of conversation and an example of correct grammar. I am a counselor when two little brothers do not see eye to eye. I am a cuddler and a snuggler. I am their biggest fan, and the first one to support them when they fall down. I am a disciplinarian and corrector when their actions are not nice. I am Jesus to my sons.

So on days when things are not so clear, and life is stressful I look to my father to provide an example of how to be the best wife and mommy I can be, and how to find rest within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment