The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moving along......

In the week or so since I last posted not much has changed. I decided to take some thing into my own hands today though.


One- I registered us on a website called adoptuskids.org which is a national database of foster care children. I found a couple of sibling groups I think we would be interested in. They were a little older than we were looking but I am feeling more and more open to that option.


Two- We are having a phone conference with a domestic adoption agency tomorrow evening. I am a little nervous because I am not sure that the agency we are going through now is completely going to approve. I did call one lady at our current agency and discussed it with her and she thought it would be ok if we tried to foster AND do domestic adoption right now to see which one will pan out. The hurdle is going to be trying to get our home study from our current agency. I really do not want have to do that process ALL over again! It is expensive and long. Shawn and I have decided we would rather pay our current agency for the one they have. So we will see. The good thing about adopting domestically is right now there is a tax credit of up to $13,000 or so and that would really help us, AND we are guaranteed a baby which I really like. The downside is the wait, the money of course, and possibly having to redo the homestudy.


I guess we will see what happens. The other night I had this vivid dream of a me wrapped in cloth. It was like God's hand was wrapping me tighter and tighter until I was crying and in pain and could barely breathe. Then all of the sudden a picture of a maravelous butterfly came into my mind and replaced all the uncomfort of my tight cocoon. It was like God was telling me he is taking me through time of pain, but it is just preparation for the beauty of the season of my life that is to come. When I think of it that way, and apply Jeremiah 29:11, it gives me hope and makes this time seem no so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment