The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So I have had some awesome blessings happen in the last couple of days, and since I often tend to be more pessimistic I am going to list them!

~We received a nice gift card from an Italian restaurant for watching our friend's children
~On Monday:
1) I got all my work done- paperwork, lesson plans, and reports- for my tutoring
2) I met our caseworker, and friend, for lunch at a Mexican rest (which I love) and she
paid for it (which I totally intended to pay for her!)
3) She agreed it would be ok if pursue domestic infant adoption at the same working with White's (where she works and we are licensed for foster care) plus she agreed to help us with our home study! THIS IS HUGE! I was so worried about our home study!
4) I sold two orders for my Lia Sophia jewelry party!
5) I got a nice Easter card from my grandparents!
6) I talked and caught up with my college roommate!
~On Tuesday:
1) I spent the morning with my hubby since we went to do our second (and hopefully) final semen analysis! The pschyo lady was not there and we were in and out!
2) THEN literally as we were passing Grant St on the interstate I got a phone call from my old job (which I quit in Jan.) and the secretary told me she had a check for me. I said ok, what for? and she said it was an academic check or something along those lines- totally unexpected! So we turned off the interstate to go get it (the school is off of Grant St.). I told Shawn it would be cool if it was like $20, secretly thinking I would like it to be more like $100. It was $842, after taxes! AMAZING GOD THING! So we are taking this as a sign, and a test, and instead of blowing the money we are going to use it to start our adoption fund!!
3) I got to spend some quality time with my sister and we ate lunch at Cracker Barrel.
4) I had an interview for a summer job that I always do teaching Migrant children. I usually teach first grade, but this time was different because there was a new principal AND I live in IN now so they are weird about hiring people who don't work in the district. However, because I have the experience and I speak Spanish, it all worked out and I got the job. Plus the pay is good, and school only goes from 8-2 this year instead of 3, so if we have kids by then I it cuts an hour off of them being with a sitter!

So cool beans. I called these my red letter days, and I will be honest I was wearing the same red shirt both days because I hadn't done laundry. LOL. Well today I am wearing pink......and I slept until 11 so today is starting off pretty good. Maybe I can have a good pink day.......:)

Thanks to the Lord for blessings and favor---- honestly, much needed, just like the fresh wave of this lovely Spring weather, coming out of winter and a season of depression.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rach! Finally got the opportunity to check out your blog! Welcome to the blogging world :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete