The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where we are now :)

Well this is my new blog. I am excited to have a place to write about my feelings and emotions even if I am the only one who sees this! :) Right now on our journey to parenthood......well we officially got our foster care license last Thursday Feb. 25, 2010! It was an exciting to moment! And it brings us closer to one more step in our journey.

That said while on the website I am a member on for women who deal with infertility- Hannah's Prayer, I saw information about this newer form of adoption. So we have been thinking and praying about which direction we really want to go. I guess one thing can be said for the IF road....there is no lack of options. Of course given the choice option A would be to have our own biological children. And while it is easy to say there are many other children out there who need a home why not adopt? This is easier said than done. Of course we would love it to be that simple but there are many emotions and hurdles to get through for this process to work.

And then there is this burning (and natural?) desire to experience pregnancy. This adoption process would possibly allow for that.

SO we are just really praying and exploring all options at this point.

The big thing today was we got our first phone call for a foster placement but I said no. Shawn has left me with the trust to say yes or no because we have to make an instantaneous decision in some cases. So the call was exciting and nerveracking in itself. The placement was for a 14, 13, 3, and 6 mo. year olds but alas I felt that these ages would not mesh well with what we are looking for. I called Shawn almost in tears because it breaks my heart to know these girls are out there and need a family. But at the end of the day it is better for us to stick to our guns than to take on more than we can handle just for the sake of having a baby (sounds bad I know but true story) or having kids only to have it not work out and then the kids have been to one more home and have one more rejection. So that was a NO. But it was a hard no.

ON the flip (and positive) side, I spoke at length with the intake coordinator from our agency and she now knows more about what we are looking for, ages, etc., and she assured me she would be calling us again. SO that is good news........just praying it will be in HIS timing with the kids HE has for us.

As for that other form of adoption.....looks like it might be on hold for many reasons......cost.....no health insurance, etc.

Well this is my first post. I have not decided who I am going to share this blog with since I am posting pretty freely here but alas we shall see.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment