The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trail and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Relaxation- good for relationships.....and for the soul

So I was at church this morning thinking of things I could blog about the last couple of days lol....here goes!

First of all, Shawn and I fasted from the world this week and spent time with just the two of us. It was nice. It is funny how even though you live with someone you can really lose track of him/her. We spent a lot of time praying and just relaxing together. We made dinner together one night and then watched a movie and some of our favorite TV shows. The week ended with a date on Friday night. He brought me flowers.....tulips to be exact :). It was really cute. Then he took me to the candy factory. It is called Albanese Confectionery Factory. We always drive by it and say, "We should go there....." but it never happens (the world always keeps us so busy!)! So he took me and we tested candy and bought a bunch of unneeded sugar :). After this, we went to the Olive Garden and spent a good amount of mula on yummy Italian food! I love their salad and bread sticks. I filled my urge for tortellini! It was fun to just relax and eat out together, somewhere besides McDonald's! Fun way to end the weel!

We woke up yesterday morning and cleaned our house and then made breakfast and put lunch in the crockpot. It was such a beautiful day so we took our furbabies, Charlie and Chico, for a much needed walk. Then we came back and lunch was ready (carnitas....mmmmm!). As we were eating I just felt this urge to go to see my family; they live about 2 1/2 hours away. My cousin is going through the beginnings of a divorce and I wanted to help her move out. So my AMAZING hubby was said ok, and within 25 min we were packed and pulling away. We arrived last night and then today was spent going to church, lunch, moving my cousin out, moving her in, playing competitive games of Wii, giving my dogs a bath, showering twice (I had to shower after the muddy dog baths), packing our stuff up again, and then dinner, more Wii, Internet surfing, and now getting ready to leave for home again. Whew! But it was fun to be with my family and just bask in the quality time. There was my play by play of the last couple of days.

So back to this morning- I was really thinking how much I love my husband and how there are so many things that we can do together because it is just the two of us. I know I always am complaining about how I want kids, and this whole blog is dedicated to our journey toward that goal; however, there are moments, like after reflecting on this past week and weekend, where I like just being me and him.......just the two of us.

God was really alive to me in church today. We went to my parent's church (my childhood church) and I just really enjoyed the sermon and truly felt close to God; and instead of complaining to him, I thanked him for the many blessings in my life--- starting with my husband :)

The other thing I reflected on this morning is how sometimes I just miss letting God be God. I get so caught up in my desires and what I want for my life I forget what he has for me is so much better. Sometimes I see Him through the eyes of infertility and not through the eyes of a forgiven sinner. He has forgiven much, and loves me much. I know he has a great plan for me, for us. Yet sometimes I can only see him, and the world, through the lenses of my limited circumstances. Sometimes it is nice, just like with my husband, to relax in His presence. And this morning I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment